Summer is fast approaching! Kids are out of school and people are scheduling their vacation days to enjoy beautiful St. Cloud! If you’re wondering what to do in St. Cloud this summer, here are a few suggestions to help you
1. Take an airboat tour! In 2012, city officials announced that Wild Florida Airboats was designated the official airboat and eco-tour company for St. Cloud. These tours are designed to help create awareness for the natural resources found within and around the city of St. Cloud and do benefit local businesses. These tours not only get customers onto the water, but they travel into marshes and swamplands that are not easily accessible by other means. It is truly an adventure you won’t forget.
2. Visit a rodeo. Take a little trip outside of St. Cloud where the rodeo organizers are thrilled to welcome all St. Cloud residents to the show! If you head to the Silver Spur arena in Kissimmee, you’ll be able to watch the bucking bulls, barrel racers and even the rodeo clowns who entertain the crowd. Military personnel can even get in free.
If you’re really not into the cowboy events, the Silver Spur arena also hosts other fun-filled events all summer. These include a jewelry show, a dog agility competition and an RV show.
And don’t forget, that beginning March, 2015, the Silver Spur arena will be home to the Professional Rodeo Cowboy’s Ram National Circuit Rodeo! It is a top-rated rodeo final and is sure to be a wild and grand adventure for the cowboy in all of us!
3. Pet a snake (or two or three)!. Reptile World in St. Cloud on Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway has plenty of snakes, crocodiles, turtles, and iguanas. Many of the snakes are venomous, but that doesn’t bother the owners or handlers. In fact, they not only milk the venom, but they have venom-milking shows where the audience can see the process while being within a few feet of the snake. But – don’t worry – there is glass separating the venomous snake and the audience, so you and the family can get very close without being in danger. The milked venom is then sent all throughout the world for medical and scientific purposes.
4. With all the water around here, don’t forget fishing! Whether you like to fish while standing on land or prefer taking a charter way out to sea, you can find any option to meet your preferences. You can head out to a local fishing hole by yourself or you can hire a fishing guide to help you find the best spots.
5. Defy a little gravity at Studio Zero G. This yoga studio offers a unique anti-gravity experience whereby their customers are suspended in cloth hammock-like structure while they perform traditional yoga moves. And when you’re done with your workout, treat yourself to a wonderful deep tissue massage.
Of course, there is the oldie, but goodie, of going to the beach. The beaches near St. Cloud are absolutely beautiful. Even if you’ve been multiple times, it’s always a treat to be able to go back and enjoy the ocean, the sand, the restaurants and the shops.