Signs that it May be Time to Hire Professional Pest Control
As a home owner or renter, one thing you encounter from time to time is pest invasion. Bugs are trying to gain access to your home for food and shelter. A lot of the time, a resident can stem the pest invasion with some pest repellent, bait, or spray. But once the home gets a little older, there become more and more access points. Also, once the pest takes hold it is very hard to get rid of them.
Many people go at it alone and buy the over-the-counter pest solutions. And sometimes these actually work. But if you have tried these solutions and they don’t seem to be working, it may be time to hire a professional. Here are five signs that it is time to hire a pest professional:
- You see the “Signs”: burrowing holes, trails, gnaw marks and pest dropping are all very good signs that the infestation has taken hold.
- You actually see them: When you turn on a light in the kitchen and a roach scurries away for cover, then you know they are sharing your home with you. They probably have a dark secluded corner where they live.
- You see nests: termites, rodents and many other bugs actually create nests in which they rest and breed. If you see wood shavings, shredded paper and cardboard lying around, you have a pest problem.
- You see dead bugs: One very obvious sign of an infestation is dead bugs or rodents. After they have lived and occupied your some for quite some time, these bugs or rodents will die, leaving behind their body as evidence. You must worry about the offspring of that critter which is still infesting the walls and crevices of your home. A single roach may have up to 300 offspring per year.
- Your DIY is DOA: When you efforts to stem or eliminate the problem are not working, you must go to the pros. You gave it a good shot. Now, turn it over to the experts.
If you live in the Brevard County area of Florida and are having pest problems, give us a call. 1-800-781-PEST (7378)
Leave a Reply