What to Look For in a Pest Control Company
In the Kissimmee-St Cloud area of Florida, there are two groups of people: those that have needed professional pest control and those that will need professional pest control. If you’ve never had need of pest control, you can count yourself lucky for the time being, but know that you’re definitely in the minority. So – when it comes your turn to need some professional pest control help, these are some of the things you might want to check on.
- Check for licensing and certifications. All reputable pest control agencies will not only have valid credentials, they will be happy to share all of that information with you. Ask about memberships in pest control networks and find out about their credentialing by the state of Florida.
- Look up the company online. Check out the credentials you’ve been given. Check the Better Business Bureau to see how many complaints have been filed against the company. Even great companies may get some complaints, but the red flag is when there are multiple complaints over a large period of time.
- Ask about the company’s liability insurance. No good company will intentionally try to do anything that might damage your house or lawn, but should an accident happen, you want to make sure that you are protected.
- When you talk to someone from the company, make sure that your story is being heard. You want a company that will meet with you, listen to you, do a quick survey and recommend treatments that meet your specific and unique needs. You also want a company that is more than willing to share information with you regarding prevention and best practices for pest control management.
- If you have pets or children, look for a company that will work with you to make sure your pets and children are safe. Many companies offer greener options for treatment that don’t bring the harshest chemicals into contact with your loved ones.
- Look for a company that will provide a guarantee. No single pest treatment is going to take care of any pest problem all the time, but most companies will provide some type of guarantee if you purchase a pest control package.
Look for specials. Pest control can be expensive, but good companies often offer packages or programs that might help bring down your total cost while providing you with excellent pest control care. However, be aware of the old adage: “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.”