You Have a Bee Hive – What Now?
It may have started with you noticing a few bees in your yard or around the house. Then more and more bees start appearing and you may have even been stung by one while doing yard work. There is probably a bee hive near by.
Here are the steps we recommend:
- Give the bees plenty of space. Do not aggressively beat the bushes to find the hive. You will get attacked. Bees can become aggressive if threatened. If you have a bee allergy don’t try to investigate whether you have a hive problem or not. Have a friend or loved one who is not allergic look.
- If you do have a bee hive, it is highly suggested that you call a pest professional to have it removed. It will be done right, the first time and nobody will get hurt.
- Avoid using sprays or insecticides. You may just stir up a hive and get attacked. Or you may end up poisoning yourself.
- Make sure all traces of the hive are gone or it may be created all over again. If you have areas where bees tend to want to build a hive, try to change that environment to make it less attractive to bees.
- If you don’t want bees, mow and landscape often. Flowers bring bees and bees love lazy homeowners.
Leave a Reply