When it comes to pests in the home during the colder nights, you want to prevent them from entering the house if you can. This can reduce the chances of having any sort of pest infestation. Here are some tips from professionals in the pest control field that can help you reduce the chances of having a pest problem in the winter months.
Even if we live in Florida, pests in the winter time still become an issue that many have. This is why it is important to consider preventing them from making your home their home. This can benefit everyone in the long run, while keeping everyone healthier and happier.
Tips for Pest Prevention in the Winter
• Keep everything in airtight containers and make sure to dispose of garbage outside regularly.
• Do not leave food out on the counters or anywhere else in the open.
• Make sure to wipe everything down before going to bed.
• Seal all of the entry ways as best as you can and look for small openings on the outside of the house.
• Make sure that nothing is stored in cardboard boxes.
• Install screens over openings throughout the home, such as on the chimney and in the air vents.
• Store all your firewood at least 20 feet away from the home.
• Direct water away from the home by making sure that your gutters are in good working condition.
• Seal any cracks or breaks in the soffits and downspouts.
• Replace any loose weather stripping around the home.
• Make sure that food stays in one area of the home and not eaten throughout the house.
• Inspect insulation, wires and other areas for damage and signs that rodents have been inside the house.
It is important to contact a pest control professional if you see, hear or notice any signs of having rodents or other pests inside the home. The sooner they come in and take care of the problem, the less likely it is that the infestation of these pests will grow. This will benefit you, since you do not have to worry about removing a lot of them from the home, but only a smaller amount.
Licensed pest control professionals can use multiple methods for removing many pests from the inside of the home. Allow them to handle everything so you do not have to worry about finding a way to have them removed. This can save you time, money and a lot of headache in the long run.